Walking and dancing under the elegant prom decorations you assisted in decorating is very fulfilling. Unleash your artistic minds and creative hands and decorate your prom night. This brief article will give you ideas and tips on do-it-yourself prom decorations that you can easily follow and do today.
1) You have to think first on the theme. It could revolve around what the entire class wants or represents. For instance, dancing under a silver moon or blue moon, starlit romance or return to the past. Use the theme to guide you in choosing the things you will need in decorating. Make sure the colors you will use will be appealing both to females and males. Choose colors that will coordinate with the different colors that your classmates will wear on the prom night such as white, midnight blue, gold and silver.
2) Prepare a blueprint of the venue. In this way, you know how you are going to fit in all the items you want to put in the venue such as the tables and chairs, food area, entry and exit way, backdrop and the dance area.
3) Decorate the tables and chairs according to the theme. Create centerpieces that will attract the guests to sit on the table.
If you have chosen dancing under a silver moon, here are concrete ideas that you can follow:
1) Create a backdrop through setting-up a theme. Put butcher paper or white sheet on the walls. Let your classmates with the most artistic hands do the painting. You can even ask from your art teacher for tips and ideas on what to put on the backdrop.
2) Cut out stars in different sizes from poster board and cardboard as your master guide. This is for you to easily trace and have proportioned stars. Cover the cut out stars with spray glitter paint or tin foil. If you used paint, let it dry for one night. Put the stars on the wall with tape and hang some of it from the ceiling using nylon thread.
3) Balloon centerpieces are lovely on every table. Scatter confetti on the tables. You can add small stars cut off from tin foil and scatter it as well on the tables.
4) Surround the venue with twinkle lights to create the mood. Make sure to secure the installation of the twinkle lights.
5) Add flowers on the boring table skirts. You can use tissue papers or different colors of construction papers for your flowers.
6) To create a dramatic entry of every student, create a balloon arch on the entry way. Tie balloons with helium to come up with a balloon column. Start tying with four balloons together and then add more four balloons and so on. Secure the balloon arch on the ground.
7) Change the lighting color of the venue through using colored plastic thin sheets or theater gels. Put it on every light in your venue to create the atmosphere according to your theme.
A prom night needs not to be worth a fortune. Ask your classmates to decorate your prom night and make it more memorable. You are enjoying your do-it-yourself prom decorations and at the same time helping your school save hundred of dollars.